School is back in session and we’re kicking off the school year with a video contest that celebrates manufacturing in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. All middle and high school students across the state are encouraged to participate, and schools can submit up to 5 videos for judging.
*Note: For logo downloads, a copy the rules, and media release forms, click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Create a 30 second – 3 minute video about why manufacturing in Kentucky is so awesome! Work with your classmates & teacher, get a hold of a local manufacturer, and have fun with it!
- All submissions are due by Friday, September 29, 2017.
- The top middle & top high school submissions win $500+ and an Apple Watch Series 2*!
The judges (members of the KY FAME Executive Committee) will be looking for the following in your video:
- Effective delivery of manufacturing message (25%) – What does #KYisMFG mean to you & why is it so awesome?!
- Quality of video production (15%) – If the final product looks good, it doesn’t matter if you use your phone or a professional camera!
- Originality & creativity (20%) – What sets your creation apart from the rest?
- Appeal to student, educator, & industry audiences (15%) – Is your video able to reach multiple groups of people?
- Focus on Kentucky (25%) – The Commonwealth is a hub for manufacturing, so how can you highlight that?
The deadline for all submissions is Friday, September 29, 2017. Winners will be notified by end of day on October 13, 2017, and will be recognized and given their $500 award at the Manufacturer of The Year Awards Luncheon on October 27, 2017 in Louisville.
- Videos must be completed by students – with guidance and support from teachers/coaches – to qualify for an award.
- One video may be submitted per classroom. Up to 5 submissions per school will be allowed.
- Final projects must run between 30 seconds and 3 minutes in duration.
- The final project should be uploaded to YouTube and the link should be sent directly to email@example.com. All YouTube Community Guidelines should be followed.
- All projects must contain the following logos at some point during the program (email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive files): MakerMinded, Kentucky Association of Manufacturers (KAM), Foundation for Kentucky Industry (FKI), Lightweight Innovations for Tomorrow (LIFT), #KYisMFG, At least one local manufacturer
- All media release forms (both for students and individuals that are featured in the video) must be scanned and emailed to email@example.com (PDF or JPEG files accepted).
Contact Brittany Garrett
MakerMinded KY Program Manager